Saturday, October 22, 2011

Our schedule


I had a friend ask me yesterday about my schedule and how I fit everything in. I really think that I am no expert on scheduling, but I have read several books on the subject and I feel pretty content with my schedule so I will share.

7-7:30: Jason starts Lily on math while I get ready for the day
7:30-8: Lily's reading and Valerie's alphabet work
8-8:30: Get girls dressed and we clean house
8:30-9:15: Bible time (JBQ questions and worship or odyssey)
9:15-9:30: Silent reading time
9:30-12:30: Mon.-playgroup, Tues.-homeschool co-op, Wednes-Stay home and get stuff done or run errands, Thurs.-Volunteer or playgroup, Friday-Mops

*No watching t.v. before noon...even if I do like Good Morning America! :)

12:30-1: Lunch
1-3: Daphne's nap and Lily finishes school work (writing, social studies and special classes such as p.e., music, art, etc.)

3-7: Family time- cooking, playing games, dancing, neighbor kids over, dinner, movie(but no t.v. on when we are doing other activities) etc. We also have Jason coaching JBQ on Wednesday nights and lifegroup on Sundays. Once or twice a week, I go out with girlfriends.

7:00: Bedtime for the kids and time for Jason and I to connect.

*Also I believe in the quote at the top of this blog. A schedule is great for organization and living a balanced life, but I am always flexible so that I can be there for others. "Only a life lived for others is worth living." Albert Einstein

*When I look back on my life, I want there to be no way that I can count the number of times that I danced around the house with my girls! Those are the best moments! Looking at their smiling faces never gets old! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment