Friday, December 30, 2011

A New Year!


There are years when I don't think that I really thought much of New Years Resolutions. The truth is that when we have a great year, we reflect positively on it and don't see the need to change much. We might say something like let's lose a few pounds or something trivial. However, when you look back at the last year and you didn't really get out of it what you hoped for, you have a lot more to think of at this time of the year. This last year was a season of change for me. I see the blessing that the changes are, but I still feel the sting and the pain that change so often causes.

In 2011, we had blessings. We went on two wonderful vacations: one to California (a dream vacation for me) and the other to Minnesota(such a special time with my sister and with all my relatives. I have watched my girls grow so much. Lily at age 6 is becoming an awesome "little lady" of God. She is studying the word and singing praise songs all the time. She had been a challenging little girl and I am in aww of how God has been maturing her and making her more like Him. She is so generous and talks about serving God. I know that we did several service projects this year and it really did have an impact on her. Valerie at age 3 has always been my easy child, but right now is trying to show her independence and self-reliance. What a stage that can be! Daphne is my runt. She is little, but mighty and always into something. I have loved watching her go from a little 6 month old to a crazy 18 month old this year! Jason also got a new boss this year (the company got sold to new owners). They have been such wonderful people.

So after saying all of that, why was this year so hard? Hmmm. That would be something to answer wouldn't it! I guess the only simple answer is that I feel God moving and in that moving, I think my priorities needed to change. I don't think I wanted them to change. In my own selfishness, I would just stay the same. However, I know that God has a greater calling for my life and I need to get my priorites all straight!

So to start this year out, Jason, Lily, and I all completed New Years Goal sheets. I had a friend post this on facebook.

http://thirtyhandmadedays.com/2011/12/new_years_resolution/

I printed them out and we each filled them out. I intend to post them somewhere that we can look at them often and encourage each other in our goals. I really intend to not let these things escape us. These are really the things that we want for this year. I thought about sharing them on here, but really, I think they are personal so maybe they can be shared when they are fulfilled!

I will end this by saying that my one word is "Hope"! This year may I never lose hope in what God has for me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment